Mobile WiMAX networking consists of subscriber units, base stations, access service switches (called ASN gateways) and core service elements working together over a well-defined architecture by the WiMAX Forum. PacketMAX Solutions Architecture promotes an open standard approach to networking. Solutions comply with WiMAX Forum NWG standards for 802.16e-2005 networking and relevant interfaces. All solution components are standards compliant and relevant components are WiMAX Forum Certified.
What is PacketMAX Solutions Architecture?
- Open standards solution philosophy
- Built on extensible, all-IP based components
- Uses best-of-breed elements for BSU, ASN, CSN and SU
- Leverages ApertoWiSE testing and solution integration
- Ensures service-ready, PacketMAX optimized networks
PacketMAX Solutions Architecture is about choices
No longer held hostage by a single equipment vendor, operators can now choose best-of breed elements for each network function, all pre-tested and pre-integrated into a single solution.
- Base station form factors
- Subscriber devices
- ASN Gateway platforms
- CSN elements
Products for Mobile WiMAX
- PacketMAX 4000 Base Station (802.16e)
- PacketMAX 5000 Base Station (802.16d and 802.16e)
- PacketMAX 400 Outdoor Gateway
- PacketMAX 500 Indoor Gateway
- PacketMAX 600 USB Adapter
- PacketMAX 700 PC Cards